Sunday, February 20, 2011

Timidana Look at the Oscars


For this week, I have something special for you the reader. As you may or may not know, the Oscar are coming up very shortly and I could care less; but I suppose give my thoughts and who is going to win the Oscars this year.  So stick around and here read my thoughts on the so called most prestigious award ceremony in the movie world: The Oscars.

Best Actors:  The first Categories deals with the actors who are determine to be awarded the best of the best.  These are the nominations for the best actors: Javier Bardem (“Biutiful”), Jeff Bridges (“True Grit”), Jesse Eisenberg (“The Social Network”), Colin Firth (“The King’s Speech”) and James Franco (“127 Hours”).  All of these nominations are good choices (even the films I have not seen); but there are only one winner. My choice to win the nomination for best actor is Colin Firth with Runner Up: Jesse Eisenberg.

Best Actress: For every best actor, there must be a best actress. Here are the nominations for best actress: Annette Bening (“The Kids are Alright”), Nicole Kidman (“Rabbit Hole”), Jennifer Lawrence (“Winter’s Bone”) Natalie Portman (“Black Swan”) and Michelle Williams (“Blue Valentine”).  Another prestigious list making the choice indeed a difficult one…oh who am I kidding, Natalie Portman is winning this thing. Winner: Natalie Portman, Runner Up: No One.

Best Director:  I have always thought this award would just be compensated into the best picture award, but I guess this is not the case. Anything to make another award I guess. Anyways, here are the nominations for best Director: Darren Aronfsky(“Black Swan”), Ethan Coen and Joel Coen(“True Grit”), David Fincher(“The Social Network”), Tom Hooper(”The King’s Speech”), David O. Russell(“ The Fighter”).  Each brings something to the table…well I suppose that is obvious seeing that they are nominated for best director.  But which style prevails?  My choice for best director is David Fincher for “The Social Network” . David Fincher manage to take a particular genre that I do not care for and make it refreshing and feel original. Runner Up: Daren Aronfsky.

Best Picture: Now we come to the big one: the best picture. With 12 nominations it is a difficult choice to make. So many good films, so many different choices and so many film that I have actually seen. But as the dust settles and winner must be declared, my pick for best picture is…”The Social Network”. It is everything you would want in a movie and it actually deserves the title of best picture. Runner Up: Inception(Hey I can dream).

And that is my look at the Oscars. It is worth much…probably not; but I guess I could say the same thing about the Oscar in general.
Here are some other picks to win:
Best Animated Movie: “How to train you Dragon
Best Score: Hans Zimmer (“Inception”) or Trent Renzor( “the Social Network”)
Best Cinematography:” Black Swan


No comments:

Post a Comment