Thursday, April 14, 2011

Silver Screen Review:Hanna


Welcome to another Silver Screen Reviews: Pulse Edition. This week, I take a look at a rather independent looking movie, the movie known as” Hanna”.  Looking at this movie, I could tell that was not t going to be a big movie, but nonetheless, the movie did receive some decent publicity over the past couple of weeks.  So is “Hanna” a film worth your time or is it just a movie that may just passed by. Stay tune for this review of “Hanna”.

Story:  The plot of “Hanna” follows the character Hanna, a young girl trained by her father in being an expert killer out for revenge. The movie at its core is really about a girl trying to find herself as she enters an unfamiliar world for the first time, or something like that. I really did enjoy the plot; it did keep me compelled all the way through.  However, the story does suffer from a great deal of confusion as well as having very little understanding of the events of the film.  When reaching the conclusion of the movie, there seem to be no other way for the events to come together, but I think a little more thought in this plot would not have hurt.

Characters/Acting:  I found myself enjoying the three main characters. Hanna, played Saorise Ronan, was very intriguing character. Her character trying to be more human showed very distinct development that I thought was done well. This is the first film that I have seen Saorise Ronan in and I have that I am impressed with her performance. Eric Bana makes for great supporting character as well as Cate Blanchett making a good antagonist.  My only complaint about her performance was her accent. It was not as if it off nor was it not understandable, it just bother me.

Directing:  Joe Wright directed this film and there were some decisions I agreed with, while there were some I did not agree with.  As a whole, I agree and understand what he was trying to accomplish. However there were some minor details that I did not agree with. The minor details did not hurt the film, but I question why they were done in this matter.

Everything Else: Visually, “Hanna” is impressive to see. Its cinematography is gripping and distinctive. I also was impressed with the film’s soundtrack. I found myself following the rhythm of the beats. The music was most impressive.   At times, “Hanna” could be very creative, and though I question its creativity, it did not take away from the film itself.

Overall:   Hanna is a very interesting film, but it greatly suffered for its questionable details and its story. Other than that, “Hanna” is compelling as well exciting, it is something different to see. If looking for something unique, you might want to check out “Hanna”. “Hanna” gets 3 ½ out of 5 hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment